Immune-Booster Onion Mushroom Soup
- 5 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 16 oz. mushrooms (recommended: Gourmet Blend – Bella, shitake & oyster)
- 1 TBSP olive oil or ghee
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-3 TBSP gluten-free tamari sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin (Mirin is a type of rice wine, sweet in flavor. Look for it in the ethnic foods aisle.)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, mushrooms and sea salt.
- Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mustard and thyme, stir to combine.
- Cover pot, turn heat to low, and simmer for about 30-45 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add remaining ingredients (tamari, Mirin and pepper) and allow to cook another 15 minutes.
- Pour into soup bowls; serve hot.