Pumpkin Cauliflower Roast
- 1small baking pumpkin, seeded
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 ½ TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black or dried red pepper
- 4 to 6 ounces frozen peas, prepared
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse outside of pumpkin and the cauliflower head.Cut pumpkin in half, remove stem piece and scoop out seeds. (You can save theseeds for roasting later.) Cut pumpkin into one-inch cubes. Cut cauliflowerinto small florets.
- Place pumpkin cubes and cauliflower florets into separate resealable bags.Pour half of the olive oil into each bag and sprinkle in salt and pepper. Shakewell to coat all pieces.
- Place coated pumpkin cubes into a 13x9 glass casserole dish. Cover with foiland cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Using oven mitts, remove the casseroledish, uncover and add the coated cauliflower florets, stirring gently. Re-coverwith foil.
- Cook an additional 20-25 minutes. Test for doneness: fork inserted into pumpkincubes should go in easily but not crumble.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frozen peas according to package directions. Drainand cover to keep warm.
- Remove the pumpkin/cauliflower from the oven; using oven mitts, uncover thefoil from the glass dish and add the peas. Stir gently. Serve warm.