4 - 6 Servings
1 sweet potato and/or squash
2 turnips or 1 large rutabaga
1 daikon radish
salt and pepper
herbs: rosemary, thyme or sage (fresh if possible)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and chop all vegetables into large bite-sized pieces.
3. Place in a large baking dish with sides.
4. Drizzle with olive oil; mix well to coat each vegetable lightly.
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs.
6. Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and golden brown, checking every 10 minutes to stir and make sure veggies are not sticking.
Any combination of vegetables will work. Roasting only one kind of vegetable also makes a nice side dish.Variation: For a sweet vs. savory variation use cinnamon instead of herbs.